Diaper rash is one of the biggest problems that make new moms lose their sleep. No matter how hard you try, some babies are more prone to it as opposed to others. This guide will give you a heads up on its underlying causes and what steps you can take.
What is a diaper rash?
They are red and bumpy patches on the baby’s bum that can range from mild to severe. They can itch and even spread to other parts of the baby’s body. There is no fixed way to prevent it because it is not caused by one factor and due to the sensitive skin, babies experience it at some point or the other.
What causes diaper rash?
- Wearing the diaper for a longer time, leading to chafing
- Urine residues
- Chemicals or fragrances that are harmful
- Yeast or bacterial infection
- Allergic reaction
- Tight clothing
How can I help limit diaper rash for my baby?
When you are a new parent, don’t let diaper rash ruin your mood or change anything. It sure will look scary but when you are ready with the apt steps like the following, be assured that your baby will be comfortable and happy.
- Let the skin breathe – Until and unless you are stepping out with your tiny bundle of joy, make it a point to let your baby go completely dry after a diaper change and then put on fresh clothes. This also includes letting their skin dry after a bath.
- Use quality diapers – Do your research before purchasing the diapers for your baby. There may be many popular diaper brands on the market, but you need to take a look at what they are offering and what makes them the best for your little one. This will help you take an informed decision.
- Change diapers frequently – One of the most effective ways to reduce diaper rash is to change the diapers frequently irrespective of where you are. It is always advisable to carry a stock of diapers in the bag, especially when you are traveling with them.
- Keep wipes handy – Baby wipes are great for giving your baby’s skin a quick pat during the diaper change and keep them smelling great. Keep them handy in your diaper bag for emergency purposes. However, if you have access to warm water, try and use to rinse their bum and pat it gently dry.
- Don’t restrict airflow – Over tight diapers can restrict the air flow to your baby’s soft skin and therefore, it can lead to skin chafing. Try and keep the diapers loose as well as go for loose clothes to keep your baby comfortable.
These are some of the important considerations that you need to keep in mind for avoiding diaper rash in your baby. To know more about baby care, baby wipes in Dubai and get tips for new moms, keep watching this space!